The 11 Best Splash Pads For Dogs (Canine Cool Down Station)
If you buy something using the retail links in our articles, sometimes we earn a small affiliate commission. This does not impact the products we recommend.
Dogs are at a real risk of overheating when the outside temperatures exceeds even a lowly 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20C).
At this temperature thermoregulating through panting and perspiring through their pads just isn’t enough to fully control the cooling process.
A splash pad normally designed for the kids to have fun in the backyard can be a perfect solution for canines to grab a quick dunk, or rest up under the light sprays.
Simply plug into a garden hose and let the entertainment begin!
As usual, to form the winners and losers of the review we’ve taken the time to read all of the reviews. To make it onto our list for consideration a product must have had at least 10 reviews from which genuine feedback was received.
The results and our winners are laid out below…
SplashEZ Non Slip Splash Pad - Our Pick
- No Slip and All Fun – Say goodbye to slips and falls with SplashEZ's non-slip surface! Keep your little ones and furry friends safe while they splash and play in this pawsome sprinkler pool.
- Pawsitively Perfect Fun - SplashEZ is the ultimate summer toy for everyone, including your furry friends! With its paw-resistant materials and unique design, everyone will be wagging their tails with excitement!
- Size Matters – With a spacious 69-inch surface area, SplashEZ children's splash mat is big enough for the whole family to splash around. So grab your kids and dogs, and get ready for endless hours of fun in the Sun!
- Splash Safe and Sound – Keep your kids and dogs cool and safe with SplashEZ's shallow wading dog pool and anti-slip surface. Plus, it's BPA and phthalates free, so you can have fun without any worries!
- American Company, Customer-Obsessed – We're committed to providing top-notch service. If you're not satisfied, contact our friendly team for a solution!
Truth be told it was close call between the SplashEZ and the other entries.
Having walls that are inflated with water as opposed to air means the SplashEZ can be rolled into action in seconds.
Simply roll it out, plug in the hose and wait for the sprinklers to start flowing.
Made from heavy duty PVC, the edging will be able to cope with impacts from claws provided they are not overly sharp.
In terms of size, 69″ is wide enough for all breeds to lay down in without squashing the side walls and letting any pooled water escape.
Increase the water pressure being fed in through the hose and the sprinkler height can be adjusted from a trickle all the way up to a small fountain wall of 30cm.
This feature is especially handy when first introducing a timid or small dog to the splashpad.
Raxurt Anti-Slip Splash Pad for Dogs - Budget Pick
- 0.55MM THICKEN DURABLE - The thickness of our dog pool is 0.55mm, which is thicker and more durable than other 0.35mm splash pads, so dogs and children can play on it without worrying about being damaged by the paws of the pet.
- NON-SLIP DESIGN - When playing on water, children are liable to fall and be injured. The non-slip texture is designed to increase grip and allow children to enjoy water while ensuring safety.
- NO MORE LEAKING - We design the water inlet at the bottom instead of top to reduce the pressure of the water flow on the pad, and provided two metal hose clamps for you to tighten the water pipe, so there is no need to worry about the water inlet leaking.
- NEW WAY OF DOG POOL - The best sprinkler pool for your furry friend, letting them enjoy a moment of cool down during those hot summer days. Enjoy it with your lovely pets together!
- LARGE SIZE & MULTIFUNCTION - 59in XL dog pool brings more fun. Could be a summer water toy, bath place, fountain platy mat. Made of eco-friendly, durable PVC material without BPA and phthalates. Easy to foldable and use, play with your dog everywhere!
Perfect for hot days where your pup needs some relief from the heat, the Raxurt was the top splash pad in the budget price range.
No smaller than many of the more expensive options, there’s no real sacrifice in going with this low cost option.
Taking up very little room when emptied and packed away, this splash pad can be quickly rolled out and filled when a canine plunge pool is needed.
Tip!! Once the splash pool walls are filled with water, reduce the water pressure delivered by the hose to a level that keeps the pooled water topped up but not so high that it causes the sprinklers to shoot water into the air.
EPN Splash Pad Play Mat for Dogs - Great Pick
- 💦【BIG WATER PARTY】Hold a crazy water party in the oversized 90.5" fountain sprinkler splash pad! 90.5" is the size of the pad after folding. This splash pad for pets and kids over 3 years old, is suitable for outdoor activities, backyards, beaches, and lawns!
- 💦【SAFE NON-SLIP】The especially surface non-slip texture of the dog sprinkle pool greatly enhances the friction force, intimately keeping your children and dogs from slipping when playing in the water. More caring, more assured!
- 💦【ECO-FRIENDLY DURABLE】Made of high-quality PVC, BPA free, no toxic, no unpleasant smell, and tear-resistant. The thickness is closer to 0.5mm, 60% thicker than other pools, effectively preventing dog nails from puncturing the water play mat.
- 💦【EASY SET & STORE】Easy to connect the pad connector, then control the water pressure to adjust the height of the water column. The portable foldable summer toy is easy to store and carry. Anywhere, enjoy the cool summer show!
- 💦【RELILABLE SUPPORT】Sophisticated circular edge banding process, no worry about bursts, leaks, and scratching by your puppy's paw to keep your kids safe (still advise cutting your pet's nails before use). Also, our 24-hour after-sales support you deserve!
Only positive sentiments exist in the reviews left for the EPN Splash Pad. It scored highly when assessing (I) its easy of assembly, (II) durability and (III) easiness to inflate.
The thicker than average PVC (0.45mm vs 0.28mm) used to build the RFAQK means that this splash pad can endure the scuffs and scrapes of back yard life better than most models.
A welcome design feature when dogs are intended to be the main users!
This does not feel or perform like a cheaply made product and if purchased will reward you and your dogs with a place to relax for many summer days to come!
You’ve done your due diligence and researched the best way to keep your pup safe in extreme weather. Now it’s time to take action!
A splash pad is a great investment for any dog owner who lives in an area where there are long periods of warm, sunny days during peak summer months.
They offer many benefits to both humans and dogs alike, saving people from buying more expensive cooling devices like air conditioners whilst providing safety against heat stroke and entertainment for the pups.
Do I need to have a hose to operate a splash pad?
Yes, a hose is needed to operate a splash pad.
As opposed to a paddling pool, a hose is needed to inflate the walls of a splash pad as well as activate the sprinkler feature that fills the main pool.
The greater the flow of water entering into the splash pad the faster the splash pad will inflate and the higher the sprinklers will reach.